This one courtesy of Charlotte’s Web. I had drafted a “25 things about me” post back in September, and never got past #13. Not sure if that’s an indication of extreme banality or lack of creative thinking, but anyway…I trimmed the list down to 6 and now I feel successful.
1) I was in a Polaroid advertisement Christmas 1975. There was a full-page ad in both National Geographic and Time magazines, and a largish ad in the Los Angeles Times newspaper. The ad company evidently came to my school looking for kids and chose me. All I remember was having to sit on this old man’s lap while holding an empty box wrapped as a present, and being told “pretend he’s your grandpa”. That might explain the slightly contemptuous yet confused look on my face.
2) I used to belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism. My persona was Venetian. I used to attend wars and help my friends make armor. Lots of medieval country dancing and mead-drinking.
3) I’ve never been to another country, not even Canada or Mexico.
4) I had a joint injury once every seven years: hip dislocation at birth, fractured wrist at 7, both knees dislocated at 14. Then the curse was broken!
5) In college I used to attend the Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Nuart Theater in West L.A.