Title courtesy the lovely Kerryn, in comments in my last post…
Let’s see what’s happened this last week:
- Found out the boy’s got a hearing problem. Now we have a child that will be considered disabled. Still having a hard time really processing that emotionally.
- Had to get our applications done for Waldorf kindergarten in the fall. Which included a four-page application for each kid in which I had to
dredge uprecall their births, when they cut teeth, crawled, walked, and talked, and also a short written essay about why we are choosing Waldorf. Felt like writing one sentence: “Because we’re anthros, duh!” I wrote three nice paragraphs instead.
- Had to get started on paperwork and appointment setting for the boy’s hearing aids. Which includes dredging up last year’s tax return among other things.
- One day this week, the power went out briefly while I drove the kids to daycare, somehow rendering my computer utterly unresponsive. The computer with all of my work files, and all of our pictures of the kids. We were panicked, and thought it would require advanced resuscitation. Luckily we live 5 minutes from an Apple store. Even more luckily, the Genius told us it wasn’t unconscious at all, it just needed a little nap to recover from being so rudely shut down. Note to self: have serious discussion with
husbandpersonal IT professional about getting a backup system.
- Received three (!) inquiries about copy editing via that publisher I never thought I’d hear from. I’m on the brink of turning down work here…just in time to have to go to lots of appointments.
- Worried all day about this little ice storm we’re having. Worried that the steep hill we have to traverse to get to daycare would be too slippery at pickup time. Glad we just renewed our AAA membership in case we end up in a ditch. Glad that it ended up not slippery at all.
So, things have been busy, even a bit stressful. I’ve even let my Scrabulous games slide a bit. So, I’m going with a meme to keep things simple today.
- The first title on this page is the name of your band.
- The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album. Click the “New Random Quotations” button for more.
- The third picture on this page will be your album cover. You then take the photo and add your band name and the album title to it, then post your picture. Please don’t forget to give credit.
Introducing the breakout debut album from…
Life That Much Sweeter