Gypsy at DomesticallyBlissed tagged me for the Food Porn Meme. I guess I’m more of an uptight suburban mom than I thought, because typing that word into my blog was very, very troublesome. Or maybe I’m just imagining the weirdo Google hits. Or that my mom reads this.
1. What food do you consider the best “date” food? In other words, what meal or food item do you think is sexiest to eat in the company of someone you would like to look sexy around?
Well, my first date with Anthropapa was Chinese food, which isn’t particularly sexy really. Too much slurping of noodles and dripping of sauce and fumbling with chopsticks. I think the sexiest thing to eat is something that you really, really like. Then you are enjoying yourself and relaxed and happy.
2. What well-known person would you like to share a meal with—with or without clothing. (saying whether or not clothes are involved is optional).
Hmmm…I think I’ll plead the fifth on the clothing part. My first instinct is to yell out “Colin Firth!!” (and if you’re a fan, do check out the photo in that link) but then he’s married, and he’s not really Mr. Darcy. Or Jamie Bennett. But I’m sure he would be interesting to, erm, talk to about acting and world travel and stuff. If she weren’t dead, I’d love to talk food with Julia Child over a good meal.
3. What does your perfect breakfast-in-bed look like? (Food AND the details, please. Candles? Music? Flowers? Hot tub? Dancing girls?
First of all, the food would not be made by me, nor cleaned up by me! My favorite breakfast is a lightly toasted sesame bagel with a bit too much cream cheese and smoked salmon, and good coffee with sugar and cream. Perhaps a token strawberry or two to represent the food groups I would be missing. This would all be served to me on a commodious and untippy tray with a cloth napkin, possibly some nice fresh flowers somewhere that I could gaze upon them, nothing too exotic — some sunset-colored tulips sound about right. There would be mounds of perfectly clean, cool white sheets and pillows, lots of sunshine (but not too bright), the whole day free before me. Anthropapa would be there, of course, lolling in the cool white bed and only arising to get the door for room service to deliver the bagels and coffee. The children would be firmly ensconced at Nana’s house for the duration.
Hookay, back from dreamland now.
4. What do you consider the best application of whipped cream to be?
On top of something chocolate, of course. Or possibly simply in a large bowl, with a spoon. No need for anything complex here!
5. Oh-God-No, Biff, the yacht is sinking! You are sent to the galley to retrieve the food. What luxury food items do you snatch first? The champagne? The caviar? Smoked Salmon? Truffles? Chocolate? Or something else?
Again, the smoked salmon would be calling my name. Probably the high-end chocolate as well. But then there’s all that fresh sushi the galley chef just finished making for us…decisions, decisions.
Well, I hate tagging people. Do it if you like!